Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Criminal Intent - Perfect (Music Vid)

Perfect was originally added to YouTube on December 16, 2008 and had 833 viewings before it was blocked on March 5, 2009. This vid now is hosted on Imeem. There are 5 amazing pages of discussion on the Criminal-Intent.us forum generated by this vid!


Please feel free to leave your comments about the video here (I can't rescue the YouTube ones) - I never know when I might have to move it again!!
(if you receive this via email subscription, you may wish to click on the title above to take you directly to the blog page for viewing the vid)





June 30, 2009: Perfect has moved yet again. Click here to view it!



"What did Clarence Darrow say? The first half of our lives are ruined by our parents and the second by our children." ~Ron Carver

"Only if you let them." ~Robert Goren

Bad fathers, father figures and the ramifications of being brought up by a bad father are explored here. In spite of his background, Robert Goren is a kind and compassionate man who, in his heart, wants to be better than perfect. His suffering is poignant when he falls short....

This is for Susan, who has patiently waited many months as this vid incubated. You encouraged the idea and immediately supplied me with a list of bad parent episodes (lots!) as well as excellent suggestions! A very recent change in music had the whole project fall into place. I hope I've done the subject justice. Merry Christmas! and I hope you dont need too many Puffs Plus!

As always, thanks to Magra for teaching by example and encouraging me to experiment with the technical aspects of video-making. The cry "I need an effect!" rings out in cyberspace! Its a matter of poking the right keys at the right time, isn't it?

And thanks to the intelligent, eloquent and passionate members of the criminal-intent.us forum for allowing me to share in analysing Criminal Intent from so many fascinating angles. You will not need the above explanation to "get it" if I did my job as I hoped.

No copyright infringement intended, just sharing fun!

YouTube Honors December 18, 2008
#37 - Top Favorited (Today) - Entertainment - Canada
#40 - Top Rated (Today) - Entertainment - Canada
#74 - Most Discussed (Today) - Entertainment - Canada

Perfect - Simple Plan
Hey dad look at me
Think back and talk to me
Did I grow up according to plan?
And do you think I'm wasting my time
Doing things I wanna do?
But it hurts when you disapprove all along

And now I try hard to make it
I just want to make you proud
I'm never gonna be good enough for you
I can't pretend that I'm all right
And you can't change me

'Cuz we lost it all
Nothing lasts forever
I'm sorry
I can't be perfect
Now it's just too late and
We can't go back
I'm sorry
I can't be perfect

I try not to think
About the pain I feel inside
Did you know you used to be my hero?
All the days you spent with me
Now seem so far away
And it feels like you don't care anymore

And now I try hard to make it
I just want to make you proud
I'm never gonna be good enough for you
I can't stand another fight
And nothing's alright

'Cuz we lost it all
Nothing lasts forever
I'm sorry
I can't be perfect
Now it's just too late and we can't go back
I'm sorry
I can't be perfect

Nothing's gonna change the things that you said
Nothing's gonna make this right again
Please don't turn your back
I can't believe it's hard just to talk to you
But you don't understand

'Cuz we lost it all
Nothing lasts forever
I'm sorry
I can't be perfect
Now it's just too late and
We can't go back
I'm sorry
I can't be perfect

2 comments:

  1. Whoa! Look what I found! Some of the YouTube comments I copied!

    susan121206 (1 month ago)
    Well, as you can imagine, I look like Tammy Faye Baker did when crying. This is so touching, so sad. "You hit all the marks" with incredible accuracy and sensitivity. Thank you. ***still sobbing*** Susan
    quietfireca (1 month ago)
    Thank *you*. And pass the Puffs Plus please!



    ShaylahShmoo (1 month ago)
    Very nice. Excellent editing and music choice. Love it!
    quietfireca (1 month ago)
    Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it!


    tooraf (1 month ago)
    wow. great video! well edited, and amazing idea.
    Ali:)
    quietfireca (1 month ago)
    Thanks! As soon as the right song came along, it was a joy to assemble, as I'm sure you know!


    LadyJ12247 (1 month ago)
    OMG...That is perfect...WOW...Great Job...Your best ever...Thank You
    quietfireca (1 month ago)
    Thanks Lady J! The song and the subject were made for one another. *sigh*


    lostinbelgium (1 month ago)
    Beautiful vid! I love it!
    quietfireca (1 month ago)
    Thank you! I'm pleased you enjoyed it!


    yulivee94 (1 month ago)
    I love this video! I love it soooo much! It's perfect! ;) And the song is really awesome too! Who sings it? quietfireca (1 month ago)
    Thanks so much! It's by Simple Plan. *Perfect* song for this project, isn't it?!! lol!


    DonnaLJo (1 month ago)
    Suzanne, this is absolutely beautiful in every way. How do you do it?

    And thanks to Susan for her imput. She's wonderful.

    Donna
    quietfireca (1 month ago)
    Thanks Donna! It means a lot that you and Susan, who are so knowledgable about all things Criminal Intent, find something interesting and enjoyable in my videos.



    jane1975 (1 month ago)
    I love it, and the irony is that Goren is just as flawed as everyone else is around him, I liked the comparisons between the two captains I thik it is sad that he lost his brother, although their relationship wasn't a good one, he loved him and I also think its sad that Frank was the dad and not him, now it remains to be seen if he finds Donny and at least be his uncle/surrogate father.
    quietfireca (1 month ago)
    Thanks for your comment Jane! The contrast between the captains is sharp and its too bad, with everything else thats going on in Gorens life, that Ross has to be so...um, difficult...to work with. There is nothing straightforward about any of Gorens relationships, is there?
    jane1975 (1 month ago)
    No, but the captain has change somewhat from the Season six, where his way with both Goren and Logan are concerned, I looking forward to how he works with Nichols and since they already know each other from way bakc it could be interesting.


    magra9 (1 month ago)
    Do you remember when I asked you why did you put Ross there? Now, I understand it!
    I was watching ITWSH and I remember about your vid about the bad parents...
    I love the vid!
    quietfireca (1 month ago)
    Thanks Magra! I guess that's the danger in sending a partially completed vid! You know I would have loved to avoid using Ross (and tried!), but he's part of the whole father figure/authority issues mix, darn it. Can we convert him into a Deakins????!!!! We wish!


    SnarkAngel (1 month ago)
    Wow! This has to be one of your best vids to date. The whole "parent/father" theme is a lot to handle, especially as far as Goren is concerned, but you managed it beautifully! Excellent work!
    quietfireca (1 month ago)
    Thanks SnarkAngel! Im really pleased you enjoyed it. Its certainly a loaded subject in Gorens life and wasnt an easy topic to work with until this particular song and I connected!


    penguinlover206 (1 month ago)
    Amazing video!
    quietfireca (1 month ago)
    Thanks! I'm glad you thought so!


    bokserj (1 month ago)
    Another stellar one! Thanks for sharing.
    quietfireca (1 month ago)
    Thanks so much for watching and for taking the time to comment!


    iamsparticus1313 (1 month ago)
    GREAT JOB!!!!
    quietfireca (1 month ago)
    Thanks!


    jenz1011 (1 month ago)
    Holy Heck! That vid was incredible! I haven't seen one that powerful in a long time. The song was perfect and your editing brilliant!
    YOU ROCKED IT!
    \m/(0.0)\m/
    quietfireca (1 month ago)
    Wow! Thanks so much for taking the time to watch it and commenting!


    jclaymate123 (1 month ago)
    This is incredible! The best I've seen in a long time.
    quietfireca (1 month ago)
    Thanks very much! I appreciate your comment!


    plmm0 (1 month ago)
    Nice job! Vincent has such an expressive face, you can just feel the emotions.
    quietfireca (1 month ago)
    Thanks! He doesn't have to say anything and yet you know the message he's conveying. He is an amazing performer.


    carmenscuevas (1 month ago)
    Que suerte que tienes un maestro que te enseƱa, y que seas agradecido, tu trabajo es muy bueno, felicitaciones
    quietfireca (2 weeks ago)
    ¡Gracias! ¡Tengo suerte!



    bogoalexea (3 weeks ago)
    This video always bring me to tears when I watch it. The way you arranged the clips goes so well with the song. This is the most profound "Bobby Goren video" I ever watched. Thank you so much for sharing! Keep it up!
    quietfireca (2 weeks ago)
    Thanks for watching! And for your comments!


    piper1940 (2 weeks ago)
    Amazing!
    quietfireca (2 weeks ago)
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you found those comments! They are such fun to read! And so true!

    ReplyDelete

I've changed the settings so anyone can comment even if you don't have a blog. I'd love to hear your thoughts. Thanks for your comment!