Sunday, March 8, 2009

Criminal Intent - Save You (Music Vid)

CI - Save You from CI Musings on Vimeo.

This vid is not available on YouTube and Imeem is no longer showing personal videos, so thank goodness there is still Vimeo - I knew there was a reason I started this blog....


"I wish I could save you...
I won't give up till it's over....
I'll be there for you"
All these lyrics so aptly describe the Robert Goren we know.
This song coupled with this theme have been chewing away at my brain for months and it was finally time to get it out of my system.

This amazing song is by the Canadian group Simple Plan (they also wrote Perfect) and there is a huge story behind it. You can read it on their site here. You must see it. All proceeds from each downloaded sale will be distributed to cancer charities around the world, through the Simple Plan Foundation. You will recognize some of the faces in their video, but Canadians will particularly recognize Belinda Stronach (former Member of Parliament), Mark Dailey (broadcaster) and Rene Angelil (Celine Dion's husband).

I was going to say these guys don't write love stories, but they do. The ones I have used for my videos are just not the obvious angsty boy/girl kind.

Thanks to Susan for reminding me about a few of the episodes that hadn't occurred to me!
I own nothing but the lettering at the end of the intro.


Simple Plan - Save You

Take a breath I pull myself together
Just another step until I reach the door
You'll never know the way it tears me up inside to see you

Ooh Ooh
I wish that I could tell you something
Ooh Ooh
To take it all away

Sometimes I wish I could save you
And there's so many things that I want you to know
I won't give up til it's over
If it takes you forever I want you to know

When I hear your voice it's drowning in the whispers
You're just skin and bones
There's nothing left to take and no matter what I do
I can't make you feel better

Ooh Ooh
If only I could find the answer
Ooh Ooh
To help me understand

Sometimes I wish I could save you
And there's so many things that I want you to know
I won't give up til it's over
If it takes you forever I want you to know that

If you fall, stumble down
I'll pick you up off the ground
If you lose faith in you
I'll give you strength to pull through
Tell me you won't give up
Cause I'll be waiting if you fall you know
I'll be there for you

Ooh Ooh
If only I could find the answer
Ooh Ooh
To take it all away

Sometimes I wish I could save you
And there's so many things that I want you to know
I won't give up til it's over
If it takes you forever I want you to know

I wish I could save you
I want you to know
I wish I could save you

10 comments:

  1. This message came from bogoalexea through YouTube:

    Thank you so much for mailing this to me!!!!:)
    This vid is so sweet and sad it brought me to tears!!!! Love to see Bobby interacting with kids! The part at his mother's bedside... He's such a good person!!!!....
    And the second half of the vid, all those B/A interactions!!!! And I love that you picked some scenes where Eames is looking at Bobby in his "mess" wanting to "save him": BRILLIANT!!!!
    And I see what you're talking about at 3:17,lols!!!...
    The theme of your vids are always so unique and profound!!!! Your AWESOME,lol!!! Thanks again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Suzanne. This is beautiful. The song itself clutches my heart and the story behind it is incredibly inspiring. Just the thought of possibly losing someone you love is terrifying. These young men have much to be proud of. I hope the brother is still doing well.

    Now, in regard to your vid and LOCI, you have brought a whole new light to the song - the light of Robert Goren. His need to try to save people - especially the emotionally wounded children he so identifies with - stems from his own family relationships and lack thereof. You've showed many of the ones he's tried to save - his mom, his brother, the children he comes into contact with in his cases, and of course, Eames - the only one who has tried to save him right back. And you've done it with the expert timing I have happily become accustomed to in your vids. Every time I think I couldn't possibly love Goren more, you create a vid that makes me fall in love with him all over again! Thank you for sharing your thoughtfully produced work.

    Oh, and pass the Puffs please...I'm crying again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks again for your appreciation of my comment, but it's really all deserving,lols!:D (Marie)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I truly adore this video!

    QFC, your song choice, and use of so many related clips portraying the theme of saving children, was amazing. As I watched (and became teary eyed) I kept saying to myself.."Right, I forgot Bobby saved that child..."

    Thank you for all of your hard work, which we LOCI fans get to benefit from!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved your video. It is sad You Tube wouldn't put it up for all to enjoy and get teary-eyed over, lol. Yes, some parts of it brought tears to my eyes. It is a very emotional vid.

    P.S. I think WMG thinks it owns most of the songs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for your comments everyone!

    And yes, WMG represents a lot of artists, but not all! Thanks goodness! I've found a list and I'll just avoid those! A girl can't give up making her CI vids... Not yet, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing it with us, flaming Youtube>:( it kind of puts you off making them, all the ones I wanted to use have all been blocked previously so I cannot use them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahh... i watched it and i really love it ;) you`ve done a very good job. :) dont tell me, your not good in it. :P you are awesome. :)
    meike(blah11okii22)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing video! All the season 2 clips made me feel all gushy inside. Somehow I managed to forget Gransha, Shandeh, Tomorrow, CubaLibre, and Bright Boy with all the new angsty Bobby episodes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a powerful song, and one of my top 3 faves from your productions! Incredible work! What is it about Bobby and children? I always thought he would make a great dad, having learned so much about what NOT to do. I am hoping he will be reunited with his nephew. Perhaps he will get the chance to at least be a father figure to Donnie.

    ReplyDelete

I've changed the settings so anyone can comment even if you don't have a blog. I'd love to hear your thoughts. Thanks for your comment!