Between reading binges, I was musing….. And so was Magra.
It occurred to both of us that Edward, Twilight’s anti-hero, cannot “hear” Bella, the heroine. Well now, doesn’t that sound like someone we know?
Robert Goren is clueless about reading Eames.
But then maybe she likes it that way….
In the Wee Small Hours (after dropping the change-partner-letter bombshell) and in Betrayed (after he tells her she is absolutely right), Eames has this wonderful enigmatic expression on her face. I have a hard time reading her…
For being such an amazing profiler, Goren is hopeless when it comes to knowing what is right under his nose. He was positively shocked that she reacted so, um, strongly, in Purgatory.
Well, hello, Robert….. much as I love you, you deserved almost everything she laid on you! She was not an enigma on this occasion.
- She *has* covered your ass many times with no thanks from you.
- She lost a husband (a cop) to a gun – and here she is pointing a gun at you (keep in mind she’s been with you longer than she was married….) and it’s pretty obvious she’s not happy about the gun thing…
- You kept her out of the loop, not telling her you were undercover, giving her the impression that you’d gone to the dark side (the old boys’ club – and you know the distain she has for that!).
- You *do* sometimes treat her as a water girl.
- You didn't answer her phone calls and gave her the brush off when she physically went looking for you......
Want to know more about the enigmatic Bella from Twilight? Do you like forbidden love stories?
Do as Susan12121 and her Robert are doing: use your “most important investigative tool”, and check out Twilight.